Existing Member?

We must go.... ...live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken.

Quick Story/Update

USA | Sunday, 29 June 2008 | Views [618] | Comments [3]

We are finally done with this Casper project and are now relaxing in our hotel about 5 minutes away from the school! ha we head to Yellowstone tomorrow (which i will update about later - the way that we got there is quite miraculous!)

anyway - so at every World Changers project, students are raising money to support other students in the mission field. This summer, the offering is going to three different missions organizations. Well, our original goal for the students was $2,700 (which is $10 a student). Well at the end of the night on Tuesday (when we collected the offering) we only had about $2,580...so we were a little under our actual goal. So - in an attempt to motivate them to give, I offered up 8 inches of my hair to donate to a children's cancer foundation if they could raise $3500! So...in one night (last night) those students raise over $900!!!! In a matter of like 30 minutes! it was incredible. through auctions of t-shirts and duffle bags, i lost my hair on stage in front of 270 World Changers participants. So...check out the pictures under "no-hair."

praise the Lord!

Comments

1

Hey Baby girl! So Proud of YOU! The hair will grow back, but we LOVE it short! I'm sure it feels cool in the good ole summertime. Remember that Jesus sacrificed more than 8 inches of hair for us! Still He will honor what you did and continue to do for Him. We pray for you everyday!! LOTS of LOVE!
Tommy, Jennie , Ryan, Brooke, Andy and Molly

  The Patterson Family Jun 30, 2008 1:43 PM

2

Hi Anna,
I love the hair. Your mom told us about it last night after church. I just had my hair cut and it looks almost the same as yours. Take care and stay strong.
Love,
Janine

  Janine Langston Jun 30, 2008 11:51 PM

3

Hey Anna!!!
Keep up the good work girl. We love you and miss you.

Michael, Kelly, Bama, & Tori Myers

  Kelly Myers Jul 4, 2008 4:03 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.