Existing Member?

We must go.... ...live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken.

Welcome to Casper, ya'll!

USA | Thursday, 26 June 2008 | Views [702]

Well...we're halfway done here. This project has been difficult for us as a team for several reasons. One of those being that we just have not been as energetic or excited as we were in Gallup...which is the nature of the beast, i suppose - to be all hyped up for your debut as a team and then begin to decline after that. Despite all of that - it really has been a great week. We have some incredible groups and sweet, sweet group leaders here. They have definitely been a blessing.

Wyoming is a strange place. The lives of the people here are very dark. Churches are definitely not on every street corner and the Junior High library (in the school where we are staying) is filled with fiction books about witchcraft, demons, and dragons. It's just a sad place. Something else - have you ever met anyone and, upon asking them where they are from , you hear them say, "I'm from Wyoming." ? No. That's because there's only about 1/3 of this state that is actually born and raised here. How weird. People just move here for the jobs during a boom time. It's the weirdest thing.

Last night was the Concert of Prayer and it went really well, from what i hear. I could not see anything because we were stationed behind the bleachers, hidden from everyone and everything. But we offered the Lord's supper and a place for confession and praise - i think the students and adults really worshipped and had some wonderful encounters with the Lord last night. One young man came up to me after the service was over and this is what he said,

"Hey, um....I am the devotion leader for my team and, well, this week, I've been taking some of that devotion time to share my poetry to my crew. It's really hard for me because I'm just really shut off with everybody - i'm just closed off...and so it's really hard for me but I have been doing that and well...I was going to write something tonight and I was wondering if I could read it for everybody. Like on the mic. It's scary for me to think about but something just telling me that I need to be sharing my poems and so, if it's okay, can I do that one night in here?"

How incredible. This kid, really is seemingly emotionless and I was under the impression, just from his body language, that he didn't really want to be here. But I was thrilled beyond belief. He was very understanding about me having to proof it before he got up there, amplified and exposed. But praise the Lord that this kid is worshipping through such an intense art and is listening to what I believe to be the Holy Spirit in taking a huge step outside of himself to share that with 270 people! Praise God!

That's about all I have for now - tonight, on our glorious night off we are going to watch ::drumroll:: THE CASPER GHOSTS 3a baseball team play! hahahaha ridiculous. ANd we're also going to a community-wide BBQ that the city is putting on just for the World Changers. Woop woop.

Sorry I've been HORRIBLE about updating this thing - this week has just been really hectic - twice the size of our last project! yikes! Anyway - check out pictures! Love you all. Thanks for reading.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.