Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

My 'Thai Date'

THAILAND | Sunday, 7 August 2011 | Views [619]

If you could call it that. The moment she walked in, all my anxieties were dispelled, because her energy was so relaxed and, I don't know how to put it, 'innocent' maybe? She's no virgin and she knows what's going on. I really don't know how to put it, several words maybe: innocent, very feminine - the essence of femininity, submissive, feminine again. How to sum up a person, except this was like no other woman I've met in the western world and by default that means like no woman I've met before. Perfect perfect perfect.

Yet in a contradictory way, probably not the right woman for me long term. But she's an absolute gem. I don't know how else to put it.

 

EDIT 13/06/2013: Lol! It might sound to some people like I was deleriously in love with this girl! No. And she actually turned out to be a bit full of herself and a tease. I got sick of her after a few dates and didn't try to meet her again. It was a good experience though.

What you're reading above is what happens when a western man meets the 'eastern temptress' lol. They certainly do have a way about them. Don't yell "not all western women are like that!", "not all Asian women are like that!" etc etc, when you read what I have to say next. I KNOW what follows is generalising, but Christ, sometimes you have to generalise, otherwise you would take up half a page extra qualifying every statement you make.

Western women and Eastern women ARE different. Things are pretty fucked-up in the West. Gender roles are confused due to media bombardment and the remnants of the feminist movement. Now, there was nothing wrong with the feminist movement. It was absolutely necessary. Women were not allowed to vote, got paid less, all kinds of unfairness. As a result of this, they had to 'beat us at our own game', to make their presence felt. Which they did. And it was necessary. The thing is, you can kind of 'ease off' a bit now. You don't need to act like men so much anymore. Sure, you do sometimes (while you're at work in the corporate world for example, to make a good living), but just not so much. But I don't think many people realise this yet.

And to the men? Well, we had our balls chopped off. We were emasculated by the women. And this was necessary collatoral damage from the feminist movement. But you know, we don't have to act like women so much anymore. Actually, we have to be a bit more proactive and consciously reclaim our right to be men, as we were born to be.

As one wise man once said, "I believe that men should be men and women should be women".

In the East, men and women haven't had to put up with so much shit, and the media and advertising bombardment isn't nearly as strong as in the West. As a result, I find the men are more like men and the women are more like women. The women are often extremely feminine and (DUH!) this is extremely attractive! Perhaps as a relative newbie to Thailand the feminine presence of this woman was particularly intoxicating the first time around.

Tags: asian women, backpacking, bangkok, dating, feminism, feminist, thailand

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.