Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Diving & Ladyboys

THAILAND | Friday, 3 June 2011 | Views [700] | Comments [2]

Well things here in Kho Tao are very cool. I've just done my first day of the advanced open water course - basically consists of doing some diving and learning a few more skills - nothing too taxing so far! Just done my first night dive which was VERY cool! Highlight was helping a barracuda hunt by illuminating fish for him and watching him get it!

The dive 'resort' consists of a constant flow of people staying either for a short while or for a few months. The accomodation is in little dorms and the bar/restaurant is RIGHT on the beach. Great spot! Especially in the evenings.

It's much easier to meet and get to know people here because, unlike Bangkok, people are here for at least a short while! Very different experience to Bangkok. The first night here (last night) was very very good. I went out to a bar with some new friends and we went to see the free ladyboy show. I've never anything like it and it was definitely one of the BEST things I've ever seen! I was amazed! They put on a full-on show of them performing various pop-classics, singing (miming!) and dancing. But REALLY dancing! It was a genuinely high-quality show! It's difficult to describe - it's one of those things you have to see yourself. It was very funny and very entertaining and I left with nothing but respect for the ladyboys!

After that we went to the Lotus bar which is just 50 yards down the beach from the dive school. Only 2 days ago, I was sat in Bangkok's giant mall, feeling pretty miserable thinking 'this is not the Thailand I came to experience'. Well last night, fairly well inebriated, dancing in the surf with good music and surrounded by beautiful girls, I thought 'now THIS is the Thailand I came to experience!'.

Tags: kho tao lotus bar big blue diving

Comments

1

Glad that you've found somewhere to make the trip worthwhile. Good luck with the course.

  Dad Jun 3, 2011 3:21 AM

2

Sounds like you've found a great place!

  Mum Jun 4, 2011 2:29 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.