Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Bangkok 'Honeymoon Period' is OVER.....!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 | Views [553]

After a pleasant evening last night relaxing in the guesthouse talking to Mike, I woke up this morning with a conviction to 'do something' on my own. Well, not necessarily on my own, but since I was essentially on my own I was determined to do something anyway. So I decided to go and see the giant 'reclining buddha' at a nearby temple, via the water taxi on the river. As often happens it seems, I met a couple of backpackers on the way and spent most of the day with them. A couple of dutch guys. It was a bit 'too good' spending time with them and on parting I was left with a nagging feeling all day that I should have just invited myself along on their trip to Ko Chang, one of the islands. But in true British style, I didn't, in case I would be 'imposing myself on them'.

I tripped over and damaged my lens during the day so after parting from the dutch guys I made a mission to Bangkok's giant 'MBK Mall' to buy another lens (hundred quid!). I was successful in my mission but it was pretty bad sat in MBK Mall eating some Indian food, looking round and thinking, 'this is not the Thailand I came to experience'!

So on the way back, after sharing a taxi with yet more random backpackers and listening to the taxi driver explain that he doesn't like Obama, Stalin, Hitler or Saddam Hussein (he started out by just saying Obama, we quizzed him on the others), but likes Gadaffi, I made a firm resolve that I must leave Bangkok tomorrow. It was just getting too depressing meeting different people all the time. It would be nice to see the same folk at least twice.

I found Mike mooching about the place and he was in a similar mindset so I decided that we must discuss this over a Tiger Tower on Kho San Road. Tomorrow morning we make battle plans. I'm not sure where I'm going yet and neither is Mike, but it must be away from Bangkok!

Tags: kho san road bangkok

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.