Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

One night in KL

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 23 September 2012 | Views [1084]

My first solo trip and all good so far. Air Asia from Gold Coast to Kl and left on time and arrived 30 minutes early. Been to this airport so many times it is a breeze now. Cut through the duty free shop, got my bags, cash out at ATM and out of here.

Even managed to find my way to the Tune Hotel, very easy, just walk outside the airport and you'll see it, walk through the carpark under the covered walkway, about 8 minute walk. Check in quick and when l opened my room door it hit the bed, the bathroom door hits the other side of the bed! No room for cats here, but perfect for a one night.

I asked the receptionist where do l catch the shuttle bus into town, and she says "foot garden" l asked again, same thing? Mmmmm how will l know when l am at the foot garden? Maybe it is a shop, walk back to the airport after a freshen up looking out for said "foot garden"! Came across the FOOD GARDEN, aha! 

8 ringgit into central and 2.10 ringet on the mono rail to bukit bintang.l did cheat and get a taxi back to Tune,80 ringgit from out the front of BB Plaza. 

Diner at jalan Alor, yummy noodles and iced lemon tea, heaven. Bit of a shop in Sungei Wang and BB, got my stash of curry powder and tea! 

Lovely evening, managed my first meal on my own well, as so much to watch as the world goes by, even a lady on the next table, with her baby, she holds it out and does the whistle thing and it pees right there beside the table! Well trained but not a great dinner time view! 

Lots of building and construction going on in Bulit Bintang, so busy! Good night KL.  off to Chiang Mai tomorrow. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.