Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Le Planteurs Yangon

MYANMAR | Wednesday, 26 June 2013 | Views [953]

Our dining experience tonight was something else! Talk about those contrasts! From eating in the street on little plastic stools with the kids to being picked up in a little red and white British old car and driven to a gorgeous colonial home which is the restaraunt Le Planteurs.

As its the rainy season we had to sit inside as of course it was raining, the gardens are beautiful and l had hoped we would be siting outside. 

We knew this was going to be expensive but underestimated that a little! Our shock passed once we started eating! The most amazing tastes and flavours. Seven courses of goodness! We managed to fit it all in, did ourselves proud. The best of all was the cheese platter "please choose four cheeses madam", and guess what? He said the same for dessert! Four amazing small pots and parcels of sheer delight! I really am in heaven now. 

So our meal tonight was not a meal but a wonderful dinning experience that if you enjoy food on your travels and want something special this is the place. But bring your money! No Visa card here ans would have cost a mound of Kyat, so US dollars was the choice of currency. 

YOLO! 

Little red car that arrived to take us to Le Planteurs

Little red car that arrived to take us to Le Planteurs

 

 

Travel Answers about Myanmar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.