Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Moving on to something new.

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 21 February 2012 | Views [406]

The last couple of months have included some big decision making. While I was in Australia I applied for a teaching position at Logos International School, a Christian missionary school located in Phnom Penh Thmey catering for local (both those who can afford it and those on scholarships) as well as foreign students. It is an English speaking school with a real heart for training up students and Khmer staff with a love for God, high quality education and skills so they may go out and bless others in the name of Jesus.

Since arriving back in Cambodia I have attended an interview at Logos where I presented a demonstration lesson with the Grade 1 class. Directly afterwards I received some very encouraging feedback plus a job offer.

So after a lot of prayer and excited conversations with friends I have decided that the 10th of April will be my last day at New Life School and then I will be finishing off the school year (from April 17th – the end of May) in Grade 5 at Logos.

The months of June and July will be unpaid and will be a period of travel, some opportunities for leading professional development with staff at New Life School, visiting friends who work in other NGOs (Non Government Organisations) and rest. Then at the end of July I will start my two year contract teaching Grade 1.

It is all pretty exciting and slightly nerve-racking to be committing myself to stay in Cambodia for a bit over 2 more years. However, I do feel a complete sense of peace in this decision and am looking forward to the ways God will bless, provide, challenge and teach me. It will certainly be a huge learning experience and I am humbled to have this opportunity to serve here in Cambodia.

Tags: adventures, changes, its hard saying goodbye

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.