Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

More about the people.......

INDIA | Monday, 23 March 2009 | Views [735]

The Vipassana Course- by the way- was mostly visited by Indians, men and women separat of course.

One experience keeps repeating itself and is highly entertaining in my oppinion,is how "rude" these people are (and that - keep in mind- was judged by a "westerner" and I am sure we all feel this way.........)

Standing in line -given there is actually one to identefy as such- was a physical and I do mean bodily experience. If there was a slight gap between you and te person in front (and even if there isn't, come to think of it.......)you will be pushed from the back with hands and even the whole body. People will push you aside - out of the way- before you know what is happening. (AND in the retreat you were not supposed to have any physical contact - keep in mind)

People will also cut in the line at any given time and if you don't do something about it, you will stand there until you turn blue or just give up on what ever you were standing in line for. (Men and women alike, for that matter)

Having said that - at the same time - (given there is nothing to get or gain) in a situation, people are warm and friendly -yes, "going out of their way" to help you find your way and/or answer your questions, invite you ot visit their home and family.

Don't you just love it????

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.