Existing Member?

Mustang. A Trek to the Kingdom of Lo A bunch of friends decided to explore the remote kingdom of Lo, and climbing the Pisang Peak in Nepal in October 2010. And.. this journal will record our adventures :))

And... why Pisang Peak?

NEPAL | Wednesday, 22 September 2010 | Views [1610]

The Pisang Peak

The Pisang Peak

Good question. I guess because it's easy (so they say), but here is the story goes.

We were having dinner at The Klein Istanbul in Zurich (by the way: food is gorgeous there..) and they both kept insisting that they wanted to climb a peak, climb a peak, climb a peak.. OK FINE, I said: let's get this peak done.. just be so kind to pick an easy one.


Hence the choice.


Pisang Peak, 6091 mt., grade F – as you experts know it stands for “facile”, easy... Well, hopefully.
One of the easiest in the area, and among the trekking peaks, so no need for expensive expeditions and climbing permits, and skills. Besides, let's start with something small... we decided to leave the Cho Oyo and the K2 for our 50th birthday, you morons! :)

Route Description

Pisang Peak rises above from Pisang village and yak pastures in a uniform slope of ice and snow to the final summit pyramid.
Pisang peak is considered one of the easy climbing peaks among the trekking peaks in Nepal (see? that's the reason why we chose it!). To reach the base camp from Pisang village, the path ascends through sparse wood and pasture to a Kharka at 4,380 meters (14,366ft) which is considered the best place for setting up the base camp. High Camp is set up at 5,400 meters (17,715ft) climbing to a shoulder on the South-West Ridge. There will be snow at the high camp from the end of November to the end of March.
The well defined ridge leads to the final snow slop which is quite steep but not difficult to reach the summit. Descent is made on the same.

Although this climb is considered to be among the easier ones of the Himalayan region, a reasonably high level of physical fitness and health is still strongly recommended. ..that's why we train so hard :))

Tags: alpinism, mountain

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.