Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Ha Long Bay

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 22 July 2015 | Views [206]

We booked on to the infamous Castaways tour to Ha Long Bay - one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. Castaways is full of backpackers and is essentially a 3 day party on a private beach and a boat.

After the 5 hour trip from Hanoi we got to the island and spent most of the day on the beach. That evening we had live music and some fire dancing on the beach.

The next day we went on an all day booze cruise - although as I'm now on antibiotics it was more cruise than booze for me! It was such a fun day jumping off the boat, kayaking and partying on the boat. In the evening the party continued and we had open mic night (there were actually some really good singers in our group!) and then danced til the wee small hours. Vicky and I went for a midnight dip in the sea to see the glowing plankton which were absolutely incredible! Our whole bodies were sparkling in the water from the plankton and it was totally mesmerising - something I've never seen before, just amazing. 

The scale of Ha Long Bay is so impressive; quite a unique landscape and an excellent place to spend our last few days in Vietnam.

Y x  

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.