Existing Member?

Itchy Feet

Koh Tao

THAILAND | Thursday, 18 June 2015 | Views [293]

We've now left Thai intro which means the four of us our fending for ourselves! 

After managing to get to Koh Tao and find our hostel we bought tickets to go on a pub crawl of the island. This included a brilliant ladyboy cabaret. They were amazing! How they managed to walk/strut in heels that high I have no idea and their bodies are incredible...jealous!

We spent our second day exploring the island a bit more and made our way over to Nang Yuan (google it and see!); the only place in the world where 3 tiny islands are connected by one strip of sand. We hiked to the top of one island where the viewpoint is - a bit of a struggle in the sweltering heat and flip flops! Totally worth it though to see the stunning view.

For our last day in Koh Tao we booked 2 scuba dives - the main reason why people visit the island. Like my previous scuba dives I had trouble equalising at first but found it easier on the second dive. It's amazing to see a whole different world under the sea with all sorts of colours, coral and fish.

We went out that night with the guys we met scuba diving and stayed up all night to catch our 5am ferry to Koh Phi Phi. The journey is long; 3 hour ferry, 3 hour bus and another 2 hour ferry but at least it's giving us time to sleep! I'm writing this in the travel company's office as we got chucked off the bus in some random rural place as apparently we have to wait 2 hours before taking another bus to catch the final ferry, something we were all confused by!

Y x

About ymoughton


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.