Existing Member?

Vagabonding Our time being 'of no fixed abode'.

Cambridge Revisited

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 11 July 2007 | Views [662]

In Cambridge we've managed to catch up with loads of friends. Kim and Ainslie, Guy, Shelagh and wee Anna, Mel, Alex and Dan, Penny, Roger, Jenny, Richard et al! Within a few minutes of arriving we were walking down Mill Road and Mel cycled past - nice to randomly see people you know. We've spent a few night with Kim and Ainslie and were really lucky to be invited on a camping trip with people in Guy and Shelagh's property. A local farmer (Paul) decided it would be nice to have people camp together for a weeken on a nice patch of his turf. He prepared really well and put in flush loos and everything! The views were fantastic, a little brook ran through and the people really nice. We had massive bonfires and people played games, flew kites etc. The weather was perfect and for the first time since we've arrived we didn't have a rainy day!

We've had a bit of a mission with the MOT for Vinnie. John (who used to do our car work) took it home (50 miles away) and then found it wouldn't fit in the MOT bay he uses! Too tall. So now we're at the mercy of some other MOT outfit and whatever they want to charge us for any repairs. Watch this space....

Tags: On the Road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.