Existing Member?

Vagabonding Our time being 'of no fixed abode'.

Vinny the Van

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 28 May 2007 | Views [1293]

After a couple of days of trekking all over London, chewing up pounds on our Tube Oyster cards, we finally found a suitable van – Vinny the VW. He’s huge!! We were looking for a Self Propelled Metal Tent and ended up with more of a Self Propelled Metal Motel Room. But with not a great number to chose from and limited time he stood out as the best. We’re a bit nervous as the MOT expires in a couple of months and it needs work to pass, but the owners knocked off the price of the known repairs needed and we’ll keep our fingers crossed that’s it.

Here's his ad...

Here we have our lovely van we like to call 'Vince'. Unfortunately we have to sell him due to moving house, but if we didn't we'd be doing some serious festival going in him this year!

The van sleeps 2 comfortably and has the following included:
-Gas cooker (Hob, grill and oven!)
-12V Fridge
-Sink (foot pump not fitted, we just managed with our water container which is also included)
-Leisure Battery with 240V power inverter
-Alpine Amp and speakers (i-pod can plug directly into amp)
-Chemical toilet cupboard (Chemical toilet not included)
-Plenty of storage space and head room!
-Hand made curtains and cushion covers.
-Wood Laminate flooring (so it's easy to keep clean)
-Fully insulated too!

The van has a Petrol engine which has been recently converted to LPG so its nice and cheap to run, and not to mention environmentally friendly! The LPG conversion was done by a registered fitter and is under warranty until September. It's had loads of work done over the year which we have receipts for including:

-New cam belt
-New break discs and pads
-New break Cylinders
-New break pipes
-New condenser and points
-Three new tyres
-Alternator
-Battery

It's a great runner, ideal for going to festivals and such like... The engine is in great condition, it's got plenty of mileage left in it, currently at 124000. It cruises at 50 mph although you can push 65 out of it. It did us proud whilst we travelled France in it in the autumn. The body work is fairly tidy, there is hardly any rust just a few minor scuffs here and there. It's missing the near side rear bumper, but I'm going to try and get hold of one before it sells. It is MOT'd and taxed until the end of July!


Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.