Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 160 – 7th September 2016 Wednesday – To HCMC

VIETNAM | Thursday, 8 September 2016 | Views [669]

Well we were up early and had breakfast. Kevin went tiff to meet Michael for a coffee while I took a couple of loads of boxes to Vicky’s. By now it is 7.30 and Vicky and Gary came to collect the fan and my motor bike helmet and foodstuff. I had seen Tri on my way to drop off some stuff and stopped and said goodbye to him and he then kept on to see Kevin and say goodbye. By 8am Duc had arrived and just lounged until Vang came and she took one load of gear home to her house on the scooter while we just talked with Duc. We then had another unexpected visitor, Thu, the owner came to say goodbye. By now we are over it and so told Duc that we were happy to go early. We said our goodbyes and we're off. Farewell, adios HoiAn. After checking in and going through security we went for a coffee while we waited. Our flight left pretty much on time and when we got to HCMC it was raining. We came out of the airport and our driver was nowhere to be seen. Not happy Jan. I rang Mr Binh at Graceful Saigon and spoke with someone who said the driver was at the airport and they would track him down. Within 10min he shows up and we are finally heading into town. Again we are fortunate and get an upgrade to a Deluxe room which just means we are at the back of the hotel where it is quieter. The only thing is it is on the 3rd floor, no lift. The poor bellboy had to carry our bags on his head up really steep stairs. We went for a late lunch next door. It is raining steadily and doesn't look like letting up for quite some time. I borrowed an umbrella from the hotel and  went to the pharmacy for some more drugs, in particular an antibiotic for my finger which is red and sore where the tendon was reattached. After a restful afternoon and now that the rain has stopped Kevin went for a walk to familiarise himself with Bui Vien area again. We decided to go to Baba’s Indian for dinner. Kevin says it is his favourite Indian place in HoiAn and he wanted to try the Masala Dosa that Harry had raved about. We have been to the HCMC Baba’s on other visits to the city. Kevin liked his Dosa and I had butter chicken with naan bread which was delicious. Back to the hotel and to bed. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.