Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 159 – 6th September 2016 Tuesday – Packing Day

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 7 September 2016 | Views [585]

Kevin had his last ride to Marble Mountain this morning. I did some more washing of towels for packing away. I then went to the gym and did my last workout and was impressed that I ran for 38.5 min out of a total of 48min. Impressive even if I say so myself. Kevin was already at the pool when I finished in the gym. I went for coffee with Vicki and she is still concerned about Gary as he said he had a tummy ache this morning. She told him that at the first sign he would be going straight back to the hospital. I arranged for her to come around at 4pm to pick up some stuff I am going to leave with her. Kevin went home to start packing soon after lunch while I stayed til 2pm as I am dreading further packing. When I got home Kevin was just lazing around and hadn't started any packing. All he has to do is pack himself. Well I had to just do it. Here I am in my bathers, sweating like a pig in our hot house packing boxes and my suitcase. Kevin had gone off to have a coffee with Michael. By 3.00pm I had pretty much got most of it done when I got a message from Monika and JA to say that there you tube shooting was finished and I was welcome to drop around. Well I picked up some beers and was there in a flash for a swim and a chat. Kevin meanwhile took his bike and bamboo pillow to Michael and Lee’s as they will be looking after them until Kevin's return. At around 4.15pm dark clouds were building and I thought I had best get home fast. I first went to Gary and Vicky’s to tell them not to come at 4.30pm and to wait until after the storm. Well it was the worst storm I had seen in HoiAn. I was absolutely saturated by the time I got to the Bale bridge and could barely see in front of my bike. It was that heavy. Thunder and lightening was going on everywhere. Kevin was home and I rushed in to get out of my wet clothes. Kevin left as soon as the rain eased to meet Mark for dinner. Down the laneways the water was about 1 foot deep in water. When he got to Countryside Moon a taxi had just pulled up to drop off some guests so he grabbed the taxi to God to Chip and Fish in AnHoi. Appears Mark had arranged for Michael, Lee, Jerry, Claire and Mal to join them for dinner. Kevin was very chuffed. Meanwhile I had arranged to have dinner with Vang. On the way I dropped off a load to Vicky and Gary, linen, towels, teaching gear.  When  I got to Vang's I found it was just her and I. Dinner was lovely and we chatted about next year and what our plans were. I headed home early as it is hard to keep conversing. I watched some Netflix but found I couldn't sleep very well as the air conditioner was not working properly again. It was just too hot. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.