Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 158 – 5th September 2016 Monday – First Topica Lesson

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 6 September 2016 | Views [592]

Kevin was up early and went riding. I did a little more sorting of what was to stay and what needs to go home.  I washed the sheets and packed them for staying .  was then off to the gym by 8am  and met Vicky there. We worked out for nearly 2 hours and then to the pool. I had realised this morning that I couldn't find my flight tickets for Wednesday so I sent an email to Pink Cloud Travel and they quickly sent a copy of my itinerary. Relief. Kevin didn't come to the pool and I stayed until after 2pm working on my lesson plans for Sunday's lessons and had lunch while doing so. When I got home I mentioned to Kevin that Lien, one of the staff around the pool was disappointed she didn't get to say goodbye as she isn't working tomorrow. Kevin decided to ride down and see her as he really likes her. Later Kevin told me that she was really emotional and happy that he had made the effort. Another girlfriend for life. I continued to pack the boxes that are staying and before long I was situated in sweat and needed to cool down before my lesson at 5pm. How exciting, my first Topica lesson that I will be paid for. Well what a let down, I had no students so I had to wait 15min and then log off and wait half an hour before the next lesson. In this lesson I had 5 active participants and one that only listened. The lesson went quite well other than one student who had a lot of noise going on at their end. I even managed to finish in 46.5 min which is amazing for me, so now I will get paid $2 for the no show lesson and $10 for the lesson taught. Woohoo. We went to Hoa Hien for our last time and Kevin had his normal eggplant and I had Bun Cha. I forgot that I had had this before and didn't like it. Bugga. Kevin and I chatted about when we get home and what our plans are at dinner. On the way home I stopped at Betel to see Vang as she was working late. Duc was there and he thanked me for commenting on a post on FB and he was excited that it led to him getting a client to take to Hue tomorrow. His first big job with the new car. Ms Le was also there and I spoke with her briefly and she offered a friends house for next year in Cam Ha. I then went home and watched some Netflix. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.