Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 154 – 1st September 2016 Thursday – Last Bowls Night and Roast

VIETNAM | Friday, 2 September 2016 | Views [614]

Kevin took the day off using as he has a sore groin. He went out for a coffee shortly after breakfast. I got a call from Vicky and she wanted to meet at Dingo Deli for a coffee as a friend had committed suicide late yesterday. We sat and chatted for an hour and I convince Vicky to go home and get her gym gear and to meet me at the gym. Michelle, owner of Dingo Deli sat with me and we chatted about her recent holiday in an island off India sounded very primitive. Have agreed to go for BBQ at Hong Kong with Michelle, Fiona, Monika and JA on Friday night. Finally arrived at the gym and did a workout on the treadmill and elliptical machine and decided not to do weights today but did a heap of stretching. I certainly feel fitter and am able to run for 30min on the treadmill and then 12min on elliptical machine. I am trying to be as fit as possible for when I see the Orthapedics surgeon in late September. Kevin left shortly after lunch to go to his coffee shop and I stayed until after 3pm. I watched some Netflix before heading to Vicky and Gary’s for roast chicken with all the trimmings. It was yummy, Ngon. It was a very pleasant evening even after the bad news Vicky had about her friend. We sat and chatted for ages. Kevin had meanwhile gone to his last evening of bowls and there were a dozen people there. He said it was an enjoyable evening. When I got home notification had come through from Topica and I have lessons on Monday and the again on Sunday when we will be home. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.