Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 144 – 22nd August 2016 Monday – Dinner at Hien’s House

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 23 August 2016 | Views [616]

Kevin ride with Michael today as Andrew and Kevin had words over the incident that occurred in the Port v Crows game and Andrew was huffy and so rode slower with Lee. 

I went to the gym and pool. Monika and JA were there doing a workout. For lunch I went to Kebab shack where I had a cheese burger and a beer for VND 95k which is much cheaper than eating at Almanity who have put their prices up and in led taxes and service charges. Ridiculous really as our 20% discount only covers these extra costs. Kevin headed off home at around 2.30 while I stayed a little longer talking with Harry and Kerry from Tas. They are friends of Claire and Jerry. They have been here 2 months. We were discussing housing options for next year. Suddenly it got very dark and I quickly packed my gear and raced home as another storm was brewing. I had only just got home when the skies opened. It rained heavily for a couple of hours and had only just stopped when I needed to leave to go to Hien’s house for dinner. I put on my green cooking oil rain slicker and was off. I was appalled by the traffic on Hai Ba Trong and the fact most cars and motorbikes drive with their lights on high beam and don't seem to stay on their side of the road. Dinner was nice with Thu having cooked crispy squid and a prawn salad, all with rice. When I got home an email had arrived from Topica saying I had passed my exams and to schedule a negotiation meeting for tomorrow at 11am. A miracle I think.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.