Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 139 - 17th August 2016 Wednesday – Exam stuff-up

VIETNAM | Thursday, 18 August 2016 | Views [318]

Kevin went riding with Andrew, Anna Betta and Lee along the old Danang Road and then back to the beach road. Kevin wasn't happy as Anna Betta needed to stop for a drink and breather every 5km. I got up and did some prep work for my next 2 exams that I had to reset today. I then went to the photocopy shop to get hard copies of the material. Kevin went off to the pool so I could use the bedroom again. The first lesson went better but I was under the required 45min time so I will have to see how badly I will be penalised. The lesson at 2pm was a disaster. Firstly the POV couldn't hear me and tried to rectify but wasn't able so he dumped me into the classroom where of course the problem continued. Eventually, in frustration the lesson had to be aborted as I could not hear the students but they could hear me. The lesson will have to be rescheduled. WTF is going on. I decided to ride into town and to return the headphones as they were only 2 months old and get a replacement pair. These seemed to work better. I grabbed my teaching gear and went to visit Vicky and Gary, stopping for a few beers and nibbles along the way. Gary had been to the hospital in Danang yesterday and had been given some medicine which had kicked in and he feels heaps better. We sat and chatted and drank some beer in sympathy for me re my exam stuff up before I went to Tri’s lesson. As a variation on his lesson I went back over some of the words learned and asked him to use them in a sentence. Tri had some difficulty doing this so I now know what to focus on for the last 3 weeks of our time here. Kevin went out with Mark for a pizza at Cua Dai which he said was only average while I went to the Indian Restaurant on Cua Dai Rd. They had a special on and so I went for this option at a cost of VND 150k. I had the korma and it was very bland, my fault as I asked for no spice, meaning no chilli. When I got home an email had come from Kristen re resisting the exam tomorrow at 9am. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.