Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 136 – 14th August 2016 Sunday – Chicken Curry Night

VIETNAM | Monday, 15 August 2016 | Views [346]

Kevin went riding on his own as the other guys pulled out. I went to the market early for the ingredients for my curry. Chicken cost VND 125k and I think I was ripped off. Other ingredients only VND 20k. I packed for the gym and  then went to Betel to invite Vang for dinner and to borrow a big enough pot from Ms Le. I passes Kevin as I was leaving and he was coming home from his ride to Danang. I went to the gym and worked out before going to the pool for a relaxing time. There are many people at the pool due to it being roast day at Almanity. They are very noisy and lots of kids splashing. Kevin went off to watch the football at the Sports Bar. I spoke with mum on Viber and found out the gos. On my way home to meet Vicky I received a call from Vang to say the TV people were waiting for me. I rushed home and let them in. They soon had English speaking channels again. I met Vicky at the main road no showed her where we live. She is agreeable that the house is only basic and not very inviting. We sat and chatted a while and then I told her I was making her curry for dinner she offered to help make it up. We chopped, measured and put all the ingredients in the borrowed pot and let them boil. I had to dash out for the coconut cream as I hadn't got any this morning when I was out. I left Vicky watching the pot. Kevin came home and cleaned his bike and Vicki asked him to look at her bike. Next thing the neighbour was there doing all the work, and a good job at that. Vicky’s bike was soon running smoothly and she headed home. Vang and family, including Duc who I didn't think was coming arrived and I put the rice on to cook. The meal all came together and I served at 6pm. All the comments were good and it was very delicious. Not bad for my first effort. A quick clean up and then off to bed. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.