Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 119 – 28th July 2016 Thursday – Danang

VIETNAM | Friday, 29 July 2016 | Views [357]

Kevin went riding alone to Montgomery Golf Links. I headed to Danang to renew my drivers licence. Well, as we all know, the Vietnamese change the rules all the time, so now I am unable to renew my licence as I don't have temporary residence papers. WTF. I spoke with a supervisor but with no success. Hindsight is a lovely thing, but I should have paid the money last time and got an indefinite licence. I then went to the bike shops to get another pair of gloves. From here it was to Big C where I managed to get a pair of long pants and long sleeve shirt for our road trip. Managed to get them on special for VND 150k. I also could not resist the egg tarts at KFC and bought 4 to go. I got back to HoiAn around 12.30 and Kevin was at Almanity using the pool. I had a lie down until 2pm when I thought my lesson with Hien started but it wasn't til 3pm. Dah. Kevin was complaining of a toothache so he went back to the dentist who prescribed some drugs for him. Look like antibiotics and pain pills.  For dinner we went to Vang’s. Both Duc and Tri had gone home for an overnight visit. She had paid our electricity bill which was VND 1.3M which wasn't bad, but we were both away for one week of the month. The water bill has not come. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.