Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 91 – 30th June 2016 Thursday – Farewells

VIETNAM | Friday, 1 July 2016 | Views [324]

Another lazy morning with a little more packing. I dropped into Garry and Vicky’s to return the winter clothes Vicky gave me. Vicky wasn't home and so I left them with Garry. I then went to the gym and did over an hour workout. I even managed to run on the treadmill. Vicky was there riding the bike flat out. I then went to the pool and had a much needed swim. It is quite muggy today and very hot. After lunch I got a message from Hien that she was sick and wouldn't be coming for her lesson today. I told her I would drop off the study books at her home tonight when I go to AnBang. I headed into town on my way home to buy a scarf as I believe I will need it when I get to Adelaide. I decided on 4 and will give 2 to mum for our NZ trip. They are nice pashmina scarves. I decided to wash them before packing them. As I was getting ready to leave, Vang came around to drop off the blue raincoat I had asked her to buy. I thought I might use it for bowls. I rode down to AnBang via the rice paddies to try and miss the traffic. I dropped Hien's books off and then went to Soul Kitchen to meet up with Suzy, Phil, Jane and Nigel. I sat and talked with Suzy for a while and met Sara, who has been in VN for 13 years. Jane and Nigel came later after they had been saying their farewells to the students that Nigel taught. They had their friends who had only arrived today, Trevor and Richard with them. Lee came after attending salsa dancing. Some of us ordered dinner and I headed home about 9pm. Kevin has been in touch with Jerry and has organised to catch up tomorrow to watch the footy. Appears Port is playing Richmond, Jerry’s team. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.