Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 90 - 29th June 2016 Wednesday – Gym and rain

VIETNAM | Thursday, 30 June 2016 | Views [369]

I had a lazy morning just pottering, washing and packing a few things ready for going home. I went into town and bought a Bahn Mi at Phuong's and then went to Almanity. I set up by the pool and ate my lunch before heading to the gym. I worked out for an hour and was chatting with an Aussie guy Chris when he said it was raining. I left to go rescue my gear that was at the pool. I ran into Janey on the stairs and she invited me to have dinner tomorrow night at Soul Kitchen with them and also Suzy, Phil etc for a last evening. Well it was a torrential downpour and I got very wet going from the veranda to the lounge chair.  I retrieved my gear and headed back under the veranda. I decided to go into the bar area and get a cup of tea. Chris from the gym came and joined me and we sat and chatted further for another hour while we waited for the rain to ease. Chris is now married to a Vietnamese and he was telling me about their plans to buy land and build a house in Cam Chau area. They currently live in an apartment in Cam Thanh. He is interested in bike riding and so I told him about Kevin, Michael and Andrew. I also said that Lee was looking at selling her road bike and I would get Lee to contact him. Once the rain stopped I only had time to rush to the tailor and pick up my trousers and then home and grab my laptop for my lesson with Tri. I stayed for dinner at Vang's. I left her some money for this months bills which will come while both Kevin and I are away. We chatted about Duc’s sisters wedding that is on Saturday. There will be only 150 guests. ONLY. We also talked about Vang’s brother Nam and his wedding on 19th July. Vang showed me her wedding photos. Kevin is over Bangkok. He says it is too big, too expensive and he is missing his bike. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.