Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 87 - 26th June 2016 Sunday - Victoria Hotel Brunch

VIETNAM | Monday, 27 June 2016 | Views [290]

Kevin went for a leisure ride to Lady Buddha with Michael and Andrew. They didn't go into the Pagoda but stopped outside and took photos as proof that they had ridden there. It was a ride of some 70 km which took 2 ½ hours. When he got home he made breakfast and I questioned this as we would be eating brunch in under 2 hours. I headed off just before 10am as I was meeting Jane for some reflexology . I grabbed some lounges for all of us and waited. Of course they were running late. Kevin came soon after Jane no Nigel and we set ourselves up. A quick swim and then Jane worked on my hands and feet for 40min. Garry and Vicky turned up with Keith and Mark came soon after. Our table was now 8. We moved inside at 11.30 and started eating. Well, the food again was delicious. Suzy and Phil and Maddie came and so we again extended our table to make room for them. We had a lovely meal and after about 7 courses I was just about done. I really didn't feel like drinking so only had a few. Claire and Jerry and their party sat outside near the water where they caught a lot of breeze. Kevin only had 2 courses, roast meat and sweets. I on the other hand started with oysters, prawns and then went back for more prawns and some salad, then I had some cheeses, back again for more salad and shot glasses of avocado and shrimp salad. I then had a little break before starting again with roast meats and chicken skewer from the BBQ. I then did some sweets before having some more salad and avocado and shrimp shots. I finished the day with some fruit. Kevin came back inside and had another serving of sweets and a couple more beers. Meanwhile I went out to the pool and had another swim no was cutting with Vicky and Suzy.  It was VND 566k per head or $35 which is the same as Almanity. What a joke. The food at the Victoria is 100% better. Kevin headed off and I had a quick spa to ease my sore muscles. I stopped at the mini mart on the way home to get toilet paper and soap. It was early night for both of us without dinner. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.