Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 76 – 15th June 2016 Wednesday – Danang Lady Buddha

VIETNAM | Thursday, 16 June 2016 | Views [246]

Kevin didn't go riding as he needed to get his flat tyre sorted. He then rode to La Plage
Where he spent the day. Unfortunately it was very hot and not at all pleasant. I rode over to AnBang to Jane and Nigel’s. As Nigel had had a big night at Hills Station he had left the motorbike there and arranged to pick it up this morning. But when they got up the bike was parked at the front of the house. They still don't know how it got home. When we went to leave the bike wouldn't start so we had to kick start it and then took it back to the owner to see if they could get a replacement. After waiting for the owner for half an hour the lady gave them her bike to use. So an hour later than intending to leave we head for Danang and the Lady Buddha. It was a pleasant drive and the Linh Ung Pagoda was a lot bigger than we expected. The actual Buddha was 17 floors tall and made from one piece of marble. The marble must have come from a massive mountain. We wondered around for over an hour and then rode back down to Danang to have lunch. We went to Garden Beer & BBQ but found the staffs English to be very limited. The stuffed our order up and we ended up with fried rice with chicken, morning glory and BBQ pork. Kevin had arranged with Matthew Lyons to refund the money he had paid for the Visa run to Loa border and I contacted him to meet up. After much tooing and froing he came to the restaurant and refunded VND 800k. We decided not to see a film but went to Metro instead for a quick shop. We were then on the bikes and home by 3.30. Kevin had just got back from the beach and was trying to organise a hotel in Bangkok and so I helped him for an hour to sort this out. I then desperately needed a swim so headed to Almanity and the pool. I stayed her until 6.30 and then headed home. I had a couple of glasses of wine and decided to answer the emails from Topica where they were asking for a statement confirming the rules. As I couldn't commit to the 20 hours in July I wasn’t happy to just send the suggested statement and added to it my grievances. Well I soon got a reply from Jasmine that perhaps she did not understand me when I said I would be away all of July. Dah. We have now agreed that I will wait until August to start. What a relief. Kevin went to dinner with the boys, Mike, Nigel, Andrew, and Colin from bowls to Pho Hong Kong which is were there was a murder just last week. When he went to get on his bike to come home he had another flat tyre and had to walk. Luckily it wasn't far.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.