Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 73 – 12th June 2016 Sunday – Buffett Lunch at Almanity

VIETNAM | Monday, 13 June 2016 | Views [270]

Sharon from bowls has arranged for the bowls people to go to the Almanity Hotel for their Buffett lunch. We decide to go early so we can get a spot around the pool area. We arrived around 10.30 and there was already a lot of VN people at the pool. We grabbed some spots and the hopped in the water. It's a lovely salt water pool and it would be 20m long in one section and 10m in the other. We then went to have a look at the spa and gym area as Sharon had given us guest passes to for a free trial. There is currently a promotion on where the cost for a month has been reduced from VN 960k to VN 760k and then a chap on FB will give each person who signs up VN200k meaning a month will only cost VN 560 which is about $30. This person on FB is very smart as he gets a free month for each person he signs up, meaning it is costing him only VN 200k a month instead of VN 960k. While in the gym we saw Claire and I asked if she would match the offer. She immediately saw the benefit and said yes, but when I told her that Sharon had given us guest vouchers she said we should ask her if she will match the offer. During lunch I spoke with Sharon and she was happy to do this, so we joined before we left that day. At lunch I spoke with Emma who is also a teacher with Topica and went through some of my notes for my practice exam. She has been with them for 18 months and was very helpful. Lunch was quite nice, especially the red wine but I must say I personally believe the Victoria luncheon is better as they have more entrée, salads and overall selection. I stayed at the table til 3pm while Kevin went back to the pool once he had finished eating. I took my wine out to the pool and had a further swim. Kevin wanted to leave and I suggested that he catch a taxi as I wanted to stay in the pool a while longer. I was chatting with the girls and enjoying myself. We didn't need dinner that night. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.