Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 71 - 10th June 2016 Friday – Lawn Bowls

VIETNAM | Saturday, 11 June 2016 | Views [800]

Kevin went riding with Andrew, the first time in a month. Kevin then went to the beach for the day. I went for a massage with Jane at Nomad Yoga that went for 2 hours and it was very beneficial. Whilst we were having a cold drink afterwards Nigel dropped in to pick Janey up and we chatted about Topica. I called into Phuong’s Bahn Mi and grabbed my favourite chicken and cheese baguette for lunch. I did some prep work for my Topica overview which has been set for 10am Saturday. They have sent through a lot of documents from technical papers to the rule and regs of being on their team. Hein arrived for her lesson and we started on the speaking aspect. Hein is very shy and is not confident in speaking and gives very basic short answers to questions asked. We are going to have to work on her expanding the answers and being more descriptive. We went to Minh’s Vegetarian No 2 for dinner as it is a little bit easier to get to and also get to bowls from. It is a nice new Restaurant near Tiger Market. I had the tofu dish and Kevin had Cauliflower soup which he said was the best he has ever tasted. He followed it up with coconut icecream. At bowls there were only 12 people and it was only the guys who actually played. Janey and Nigel came and they had been having drinks with a client of Janeys after a massage and they were half cut when they arrived. I sat on the sidelines and chatted with Claire, Kate, Judy and Janey whilst drinking Tiger Beers. It was a warm night so they were going down very well. Kevin played in two triples games and was on the loosing side both games but he enjoyed the night. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.