Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 70 – 9th June 2016 Thursday – Yoga and Job Offers

VIETNAM | Friday, 10 June 2016 | Views [251]

Kevin again did not go riding this morning as he is saving himself for the ride tomorrow with Andrew. I headed to yoga and was the only one there until Jane came a little late. Mum called and I chatted with her catching up on their holiday. Nigel joined Jane and I at the beach and I was telling him about my Topica experience to date. Nigel is keen to join as well. Made arrangements for a ride to Lady Buddha, the cinema and Metro visit next Wednesday. We will follow the day up with dinner afterwards. Kevin came to Soul Kitchen and said he had been talking with Michael Box about  working for him doing cricket pitches this summer. Kevin is still at odds as to what he plans to do. I headed off at lunch time as I needed to buy some headphones for my interview with Jasmine from Topica. I went to 3 stores before I found some. The interview via Skype went well and once it was finished I received an offer of undertaking the training. If I pass the training I will be offered a position. All sounds good and is very flexible with the hours you can work. Only stipulation is that you work 20 hours / month. I had to send copies of documents and then received all the training notes and files and videos. I read through some of them before going for dinner at Vang’s. I stopped to pick up some beers and received a phone call from Jasmine who wanted to confirm a time for our first training overview session. I told her I would get back to her as Friday was a busy day and I may have to do it on Saturday. Dinner was enjoyable and Duc was not working and he joined us for the first time in a long while. He had sat his written bus test that day and had passed, so now he must only do the practical. Vang told us that July will be busy month as not only is Nam getting married but also Duc’s younger sister. Appears Vang is expected to finance these events as the parents have no money. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.