Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 60 – 30th May 2016 Monday – Dinner with Hien’s family

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 31 May 2016 | Views [398]

Kevin rode with Michael to Fusion Mai 48km ride and again today they averaged 30.2 km/h. He was so thrilled to have broken the 30km limit. I did some washing and decided to call the local Physio, Tam Duc Anh at 87 Pham Van Dong to see if I could get an appointment. I made one for 10am. Kevin headed off to La Plage at the beach. Well the clinic was open spaced with treatment tables. Tam had trained in Hue. I explained I had a sore back and briefly said about my hips, back and shoulder operations. He honed in on my shoulder and worked on it for a good 20 minutes to the point of pain. He then moved to my back and gave gentle massage before a manipulation. After an hour it was onto the stretching machine that stretches your back. I had never seen this before. From here it was over to mamma who did ultrasound on my shoulder and then my back. I walked out after 1.5 hours. It cost VND 200k or A$12.50. I was going to go to the beach but decided to go home and rest due to the soreness. I went via Banh Mi Phuong where I got my favourite No 8 chicken & cheese. I rested after lunch until my lesson with Hien. Just as she arrived the owner and 2 TV technicians arrived to sort out why we had no TV. Luckily Vang showed up and was able to interpret for me what was happening. Appears the TV people have cut us off as they think we haven't paid but Thu told us she had paid for 6 months. The owner will now get someone from Tam Ki to come tomorrow at 5pm. We finally got to start our lesson and Hien was much better with the last book I printed. I had made excuses for Kevin not going to Hien's for dinner as he did not want to go. I told her that he was going to Danang with his bowls mates. I left home at 6.15 and was met by Hien at AnBang Café / School. Her home was only a few doors closer to the beach. I was taken around to the back of the home where there was a room, with a sand floor, and a bed. Hien's mum Thu was busy preparing dinner. We sat on the bed and had tuna fish, sliced pig tongue, a vegetable soup with shrimp and a stir fry with the pig heart and rice of course. Well I did try everything but enjoyed the vegetable soup and the vegetables from the stir fry. The meal was followed with daisy tea. Kevin had gone to our local Hoa Hien and he said he was the only person there all night. He had the Mi Quang followed by a banana crepe. When I told Kevin what I had eaten he was disgusted and shocked.

 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.