Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 58 – 28th May 2016 Saturday – New Friends and Nu Eatery

VIETNAM | Sunday, 29 May 2016 | Views [324]

Kevin was off riding and I decided to miss yoga as I am too sore. I rode the bicycle to the market and realised my back was not right as I was getting continuous twinges in my lower back. I have decided I need to find a Chiro or Physio soon. I received a message from Monika in Vancouver that a friend of hers, Danielle was in HoiAn and would I meet her to show her HoiAn. I arranged to pick her up from her Hotel and go to the beach til just after lunch. We arrived at the beach and had a swim as it is very warm today 37C and feeling like 44C as there is no breeze. We chatted at length and I felt that we connected well and I enjoyed her company. We had just ordered lunch when all of a sudden there was a loud pop and hissing noise. A large Korean guy starts running and yelling for everybody to get down near the waters edge as quick as possible. People were running everywhere and we calmly gathered our belongings and joined everyone at the waters edge. There had been a gas leak and any flame could have blown the place up. We were soon back in our seats eating our lunch, which we had left there. Well it was an interesting morning. I dropped Danielle back at her Hotel and headed home for Hien’s lesson. She had rung to see if we could do it earlier and this put me in a bit of a rush to leave the beach and get home and ready by 2pm. Kevin had gone to La Plage where he watched the footy on his iPad. He was a little happier when he came home as Port had won. We met Danielle for dinner at Nu Eatery where I had booked the balcony area. When we got there Megan was sitting at the other end with her friend Cicilia who was from USA. What a coincidence. Megan had also received the message from Monika re Danielle but she had not been able to help. We had a lovely dinner consisting of the famous pork buns, potato salad for me, chicken rice for Kevin and advocado and shrimp salad for Danielle. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.