Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 57 – 27th May 2016 Friday – Visit to Cam Kim Community Farm and Bowls

VIETNAM | Saturday, 28 May 2016 | Views [337]

Kevin went riding with Michael and Lea. I did some washing and was just getting ready to do some study when Kevin came home and asked did I want to go with Mike, Lea and him to Cam Kim where they were looking at a Community Farm. We were picked up at the traffic lights by Mike and Lea on their motorbikes. We hopped on behind and off we went. At Cam Kim We met a couple of young VN and a Thai girl who are trying to get the community to revert back to natural organic farming practices instead of using cheap Chinese chemicals on the gardens. We were taken around the small 6ha property and down to the river. Lea remembered a coffee date so I went with her while Kevin and Michael continued the tour. Lea dropped me off near Mia Coffee and I walked back home along the river. I stopped and grabbed a Nuoc Mia sugarcane juice as it is hot and steamy today. When I got home I packed and headed to the beach where Kevin joined me later. I worked on Tri’s lessons using my iPad. We went to Greek Souvlaki for lunch and were again impressed by the food. Kevin spoke at length with Trang about doing a joint venture with her. We will see what happens. I had an early lesson with Tri and then headed home for a quick shower and then packed the cooler bag with ice and tonic. Janey was bringing the gin and limes. We met Nigel and Jane at Jim’s burgers for a quick bite before bowls. We both had the cheese burger and shared some fries. It was very tasty. There were again 15 people at bowls and we spent an enjoyable evening playing and socialising. I didn't play due to a sore back and shoulder. I helped several of the ladies again with stance, grip etc. I chatted with Vicki and Garry again and will arrange to catch up with them when they get back from Australia. We again got home around 9.45pm. It is surprising how different the roads we normally travel on during the day are at night time. There are many many people in the local bars and restaurants that you just don't see during the day. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.