Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 56 - 26th May 2016 Thursday 2016 – Yoga

VIETNAM | Friday, 27 May 2016 | Views [347]

I got up for yoga and Kevin was a little slow moving this morning and so he didn't leave for his ride until after I had left. After yoga I had a quick swim with Kate before  I met Jane at her house and we went to the Spa near Cay Me restaurant where she had arranged to use their massage table for my treatment today. Jane spent a good 2 hours working on my sore achy body. Afterward we headed back to Soul Kitchen for a swim. I had lunch there while Jane went off to do some emails. Shortly after lunch I heard thunder so I quickly packed and headed home. I hadn't been home long when the rain started again, like yesterday. Firstly a torrential downpour and then a steady rain. I was laying in the hammock at the front of the house reading while it was happening. Kevin came home shortly after from the beach, he had been to LaPlage and he said the roads were very hazardous. We went to Vang's for dinner and met her mother who has come from their home village to HoiAn to look after Wing in the school holidays before we go to Dong Hoi next week. She didn't speak any English. Vang refreshed my memory of how her father had a stroke 10 years ago and that at 22 yo she was responsible for the families welfare as her father was in hospital for 1 month and has not worked since. She paid all the hospital bills, school fees for her younger siblings and sent money home for them to survive. It explains a lot about her personality.  Tri had gone to Danang to pick up Nam, Vang's younger brother who was returning home after 18 months of working on ships near India. He is getting married in July to a girl from his village. Duc came home and we chatted about our upcoming trip to Phuong Nha Caves and Dong Hoi. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.