Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 55 – 25th May 2016 Wednesday – Beach and Children's Education Foundation

VIETNAM | Thursday, 26 May 2016 | Views [343]

Kevin was off riding early withMike to Marble Mountain while I decided to have a lay in. I made myself a cup of tea and then hopped back in bed. I headed to the beach at 8.30 and went to AnBang Beach Club where I ordered a coffee. Again it was very strong even though I had ordered extra Sua da. Kevin came down and refused to pay the prices so he packed up and went back next door to Soul Kitchen. Jane and Nigel came down and we chatted before deciding to go to Greek Souvlaki for lunch. This is a pop up cart near Blu Mart on the road into AnBang. It is run by Ms Trang and the food was delicious. We had chicken while Kevin had the vegetarian. We all were licking our fingers. Not bad for only VND 65k each and this include a beer. Soon after I had to head off to get ready for my meeting with Graeme Burn, Children's Education Foundation. I had only just got back to the house when it started to pour. By 3.15pm when I had to leave it was still raining but not heavily. I dressed in my Poncho and headed off toward Cua Dai. Well I still got wet. I found the house and pulled the gate open and rode into the yard. I was met by 2 big dogs barking very ferociously. Graeme came out and settled them down while I took off all my wet gear. We set up at the table and there were 4 girls who worked for the foundation. They are all University graduates and very smart. Graeme ran the pronunciation lesson and I felt so out of my depth. The material was all relevant to the Foundation that was used. Graeme has left it that he will call me over the next few days. I am certain I will not be saying yes as I do not believe I have the experience to work at the level the girls are at. Kevin was heading out for his guys night out to Hoa Hien and I decided to try the Pho on Cua Dai next to Mecure Hotel that Keith from bowls  had mentioned.  It was a very nice meal for VND 30k and I topped it off with an icecream from our mini mart. After the souvlaki for lunch I didn't want a heavy meal. Kevin had a very enjoyable night with 8 guys and they all said the food was good. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.