Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 46 - 16th May 2016 Monday – New student for IELTS

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 17 May 2016 | Views [341]

Kevin was off riding again at 5.30am. I did a load of washing and just relaxed reading a book. I met Vang at 10am as she had picked up my new clothes from the tailor. The two dresses and shorts ere good. I now have a different colour set to wear. I did some work on the computer looking at the IELTS manual and made some notes. Kevin came home and then headed off to the beach. I headed off at noon for lunch at Ganesh Indian with Tan (Poppa Tran) and Hien, the 15yo who I am going to help with IELTS. Hien hopes to apply for a scholarship to Study in Australia at the end of next school year (mid June). She has recently sat a test in Danang and scored only in the 20’s and she needs to be >40 to demonstrate she is able to sit IELTS. We chatted about the areas that she needed to work on, speaking and listening. She is taking additional grammar lessons with a Vietnamese teacher. We arranged for lessons on Tues, Thur and Sat at 3.00pm which is after yoga so works well. Hien had a lot of books which I took home to look through. I decided to head to the beach but the wind had come up quite strongly and before I could leave Kevin came back and said it was miserably windy and cold at the beach. I therefore unpacked my swim gear and got onto the computer again to research the IELTS further. Vang rang to say our Isa had arrived and I took the scooter around to pick it up. Well I looked like a typical Vietnamese with one box balancing on the seat behind me with no tie downs and a box on the handlebars and under my chin. Well the six turns I needed to make on the short trip home were executed very slowly. Kevin would have been proud. For dinner we went to Hoa Hien where Kevin ordered the eggplant in clay pot and I ordered the fried eggplant with tofu. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.