Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 39 – 9th May 2016 Monday – AnBang

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 10 May 2016 | Views [222]

Kevin rode a sprint with Michael to Montgomery Golf Links, a 29km  round trip. I went for a walk around Cam Thanh and stopped at the market for Banh, bread roll. I then decided to clean the chain on the mountain bike and to wash the bike. I then thought I might as well wash the scooter. By now the sweat is pouring off me and I hit the shower before breakfast. Kevin came home and has ridden his best time for this ride. He averaged 28.2km/hour. I decided to head to the beach and when I got there Jane, Nigel, Lisa and Little Vy were eating breakfast. I joined them until Lisa left for the airport. Kevin came down and we spent a quiet morning enjoying the ambiance. We started talking to a chap Bryce from Phonoug Nha and it was interesting hearing about the caves and work being done in the area. He was reluctant to go in the water as where he lives is only 60km from where the water pollution has occurred and poisoned the fish. People locally will not swim. We ordered lunch and I headed mid afternoon. We met Monika and Jean-Ann at 5pm for a drink and a quick bite as a farewell for them. They head off tomorrow morning for Hanoi before flying to Vancouver. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.