Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 32 – 2nd May 2016 Monday - Dentist

VIETNAM | Monday, 2 May 2016 | Views [408]

Kevin rode with Andrew, Michael and Lea. The boys decided to do a sprint to Montgomery Golf Course and back. A 30km return trip. Kevin finished only a minute behind them. Not bad considering he is 10+ years older. He met them and Lea for coffee. I meanwhile met Monika and JA at their house at 6.45. Narelle, Susie and Leonard had pulled out of the ride so we went through Cam Ta rice fields, down Hai Ba Trong, through the Rice fields to BaLe Market and to their new house in Cam Chau for a look. It is a lovely home, costing VND13M a month. From here we went to Dingo Deli where we med Susie and Leonard for breakfast. I was introduced to Michelle the owner, Phil (Monika and JA new neighbour) and Cyril who has had a motor cycle accident and undergone facial reconstructive surgery. Kevin was at the dentist having his two new crowns fitted. They did a very good job for A$330. Kevin headed to the beach while I went to the dentist to firstly get a receipt for Kevin's work for insurance purposes and to get my tooth fixed. Unfortunately they were too busy and I have to go back at 3pm. I decided to go home via the market. I bought a silk white top for VND 80k and looked at the North Face / Kipling bags that I need to take back for friends. I dropped my buys off at home and then changed for the beach. Went to Mr Ca’s where Kevin was and stayed until 3pm. I went to the dentist and he glued my crown back in place at a cost of only VND 200k or $12 which is sooo much cheaper than the $400 my dentist charged 6 months ago to do the same thing. For dinner we went to Vang and Duc’s. We ate outside again and the meal was yummy. We had chicken in lemon grass, pork with leaves from Vang’s village. I offered to help Tri with his English so I will have to do some homework before we start to work out where we start. Tomorrow is Vang’s birthday so we arranged to meet at Hoa Hien Restaurant and we will shout her as Duc is on a tour in Hue. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.