Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 30 – 30th April 2016 Saturday – Yoga

VIETNAM | Sunday, 1 May 2016 | Views [353]

I arranged to meet at Monika &  JA’s at 6.10 to go to yoga at Nomad’s. I rode the bike, a round trip of 7.6km. Lisa took the class and there was only Monika, Susie and myself attending. JA had a stomach bug so stayed home. It cost VND 130k or just under A$8 for the lesson. We mainly did slow stretching which was just what I needed to iron out some of the aches and pains. I will have to do this more often. We then had breakfast at the café which was eggs, beans, tomato etc all mixed together with a bread roll. JA came for the breakfast. It was delicious and not bad for VND 40k. It was amusing that Julien, the café owner only had 3 egg pans so we had to eat in a relay. When I got back Kevin had not ridden today and was just lounging about so I put some washing on and told him to hang it out when it was ready. I changed and was off to the beach by 9.30. Unfortunately couldn't get a good hut. Being a weekend and a holiday Soul Kitchen is very busy. When Kevin arrived we moved next door to Mr Ca. Susie and Leonard had also moved there earlier when they couldn't get a seat at Soul Kitchen. Wifi was good. Ordered lunch – the salad baguette  was nice but Kevin's ham & cheese sandwich was average. Headed back mid afternoon as Kevin had arranged to introduce Narelle to Tan Vo to get a bamboo bike. Kevin went off and I went down later on scooter to give Narelle a ride back to her Hotel – Boutique HoiAn. She ordered a cruiser bike frame and Tan will ship it to her in one month. She also bought a iPhone speaker for VND 250k. She bought one for me for giving her a ride as it saved her taxi fare. When we got back to her hotel she took me in to show me around. It was very nice but I wouldn't pay $300 a night. On the way home I got stuck in a traffic jam on Cua Dai bridge for over 10 minutes. The traffic was bedlam due to the holiday – Liberation Day. I wasn't hungry at dinner time so Kevin went alone to Hoa Hien near the river. He ordered his normal Cau Lau with veggies. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.