Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 29 – 29th April 2016 Friday – Danang again

VIETNAM | Saturday, 30 April 2016 | Views [325]

Kevin went riding with Andrew, Michael & Lea Johnstone to Mongomery Golflinks, a 30km ride. He enjoyed Michael & Lea who have lived here for 12 years. They stopped for coffee and chat on return to HoiAn.  I left for Danang at 7.30 and by 8.30 I had my Vietnamese drivers licence. Unfortunately it is only for 3 months, the length of my Visa so I will need to do it all again. I then went to Big C and bought a new thermos as when I slipped on the stairs, the one I bought in Cambodia tumbled all the way to the bottom and broke. I also bought some headphones VND 250k and a Bose Bluetooth speaker for VND 420k. I also revisited KFC and got some more of their yummy egg tarts. I then went to the bike shop for a pair of gloves VND 180k for myself and a soft seat VND 55k to take home. I was back in HoiAn by 1.30. Kevin had been to the beach after his bike ride and late in the afternoon he went out for a coffee. We went to Garnesh Indian for dinner with Monika, JA, Susie, Leonard, Narelle  & husband Phil and Lisa. Phil did not say a word all evening. The food was the best. Much better than Baba’s. Monika & JA got the house that they had been looking at in Cam Chau over the bridge at BaLe Market. It is 3 bedrooms, with a pool and will be finished by 1st August when they return from Canada. They are signing a 2 year lease and paying VND 13M a month, US$650 but they house will be fully furnished with the exceptions of what they already own. It all sounds very exciting and Monika is going to give me Ha contact details.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.