Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 21 – 21st April 2016 Thursday – Bike ride

VIETNAM | Friday, 22 April 2016 | Views [356]

Kevin was up and off on his bike ride toward Danang by 6am. I meanwhile met Monika, Jean-Ann, Sussie and a couple of Aussie guys Peter and David (involved in SwimVietnam) for a bike ride over the new bridge ( it was a very steep incline to the top where we stopped for refreshments and a photo opportunity) and around Cam Kim and back over the new bridge the other side of HoiAn. A ride of 25km. We stopped for sugar cane juice along the way.once back in town we headed to Monika’s favourite breakfast haunt (near Ganesh Indian) for a bowl of soup and a bread roll. We then went for coffee at a new coffee house just around the corner from breakfast. I got back around 10.30 and did a load of washing. Kevin was back and he decided to go to the beach on his bamboo bike. He went to Banyan Café instead of Soul Kitchen where we normally go. He said the Internet was good and it was not as busy. Van Ahn (lady I used last year) came to give me a massage at 2pm and it was very good. Cost has gone up from last year to VND 200k. Spoke with Sandy Wallace re her operation and then a quick chat with Sue Hutchinson who is thinking of coming to visit us in Vietnam in June or July. Kevin came back from the beach while I was talking on the phone. Andrew called around to organise a ride with Kevin for the morning. Went to Baba’s Indian new restaurant at 115 Phan Chau Trinh with Monika, JA and Barney. Kevin experimented while I just had chicken korma. Cost A$20 for the night. Monika and Barneys bill were stuffed around so took a little sorting out. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.