Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 1 – 1st April 2016 Friday – Our adventure starts in Siem Reap

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 2 April 2016 | Views [434]

Our  reliable driver, Collin Hall arrived early for pick up and transporting us to the airport. We had checked in via Internet and so avoided the long lines and walked to the front for immediate bag drop. There were a lot of people checking in who had taken part in the World Dragon Boat Races which had just finished in Adelaide. We made our selves comfortable and waited for the time to go through immigration etc. our flight with Singapore airlines left on time and we had a most enjoyable flight to Singapore. The food was delicious and the choice of movies very broad. Our stop over in Singapore was only 2 hours so it was easy to fill the time. The SilkAir flight was uneventful and we arrived in Cambodia, Siem Reap at 6pm local time to a warm 36C. The time difference is 3 ½ hours. We passed through immigration with our e-visa very easily while many lined up for the VOA option. Once outside the airport we soon found our Tuk Tuk driver who loaded up and drove us to our hotel, Boutique Cambo. The drive was interesting and I must say that Siem Reap is like Bali was 20 years ago and Vietnam 10 years ago. By the time we checked in and went to our room it was after midnight by my body so it was off to bed. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.