Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 88 – 27th July 2015 Monday – HCMC

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 28 July 2015 | Views [344]

Our last full day in VN. Kevin was up and off walking at 6.15. After breakfast I headed out to the Pharmacy further down Bui Vien St that Ms Julie recommended and was able to get my Celebrix for VND$60k or $4 for 30 tabs. This is what I love about VN. I called back into the room and dropped off the tablets before heading to Saigon Market. I was looking for a couple of new bags and found Kippling ones for VND$130k each. I also looked at the Bose Bluetooth speakers for $650k but decided against it. I then walked down to the River and back through an industrial / local non tourist area. Kevin had been to the dentist to get a price on teeth whitening and he was happy to pay US$90 for this and a clean. After lunch Kevin went off to Saigon Market while I went and got more Celebrix  at the Pharmacy and also a couple of pairs of elephant print pants for VND$65k each. I then wondered to the Park and sat in the shade reading my book before going to GoGo Bar for a Saigon beer and to watch the people wondering past. Kevin had returned but hadn't bought anything. We went to Baba Indian for our last meal. We both ordered the chicken korma, naan bread and rice. Thank god they had free water as the currie was a little too warm for me. It was very spicy. Cost VND$267k. We wondered back along Bui Vein and Kevin again stopped to get an ice cream. We had missed a message from Tri who wanted to catch up. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.