Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 2 – 2nd April 2016 Saturday – Exploring Siem Reap

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 3 April 2016 | Views [408]

Off course we were up early and before breakfast I set up Kevin's AFL streaming so he can watch the footy and then it was off to breakfast, pancake for Kevin and fried eggs for me. We then headed into the town centre walking. We were approached by many Tuk Tuk drivers asking if we wanted a ride. We said no as it was only a couple of km. We stopped to change money (A$ to US$ 0.73 and A$ to Riel 2,920). We also got a SIM card for our phones for US$5 for me and US$7 for Kevin. Kevin hit the pharmacy to get panadene forte before we went to travel agent to get our bus ticket to Battambang (US$7 each). We wondered around the town centre checking out the markets and eating places. After a quick stop for drinks we caught a ride back to the hotel. We wondered down the street to a close café for lunch, fresh Spring rolls and a club sandwich. We then hit the pool area for a much needed cool down. I got talking to a couple of recent French graduates, Sofi and Camille who are travelling Asia, Philippines and Indonesia for 3 months. Sofi asked for a lift on our Tuk Tuk tomorrow when we go to Angkor Wat. Headed out for early tea to Walla Currie / Khmer where we ordered chicken korma. It was not up to what we expected and so we left a little disappointed. We caught a TukTuk to DrBeat Cello concert. Dr Beat runs 5 hospitals in Cambodia for children. His funding comes mainly from donations and it is amazing what he has achieved. We met Monika and Jean-Ann and their Chowdown tour guests who are doing a 3 country food tour. We are friends with Monika and Jean-Ann as they live in HoiAn and we spend a lot of time with them when we are there. After the concert we headed straight back to bed as we were exhausted. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.