Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 86 – 25th July 2015 Saturday - Nha Trang to HCMC

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 26 July 2015 | Views [387]

Kevin was up and out walking by 5.30. A little bit of a comedown after cycling for many weeks. I had finalised the packing and we weighed the cases and came in just under our allowance on both. There was a panic for 30min as Kevin couldn't find his money belt with his money in it. Finally it was located at the bottom of his backpack. Dah. We went down for breakfast and chatted to Danny throughout. The car arrived to take us to the airport and so we said our goodbyes. The plane was 30 min kate leaving and so we got to our Hotel around 1.30. we checked in and then wondered over to Ben Thanh Market via 23/9 Park to change some money. The rate is just over VND$16k. we decided to  grab a bite to eat at a local Vegetarian Restaurant where we ordered fresh and fried spring rolls. We then headed back as it was starting to rain and wondered past iPeace Hotel and so we went in and looked at their rooms. Smaller than Beautiful Saigon and smelt like people had been smoking in the room. We took a card anyway as they are quoting special rate of US$25 without breakfast. We then wondered down Bui Vien St and looked at the changes in shops etc in the past 2 years. We headed back to the Hotel as Kevin wanted to watch the Footy. The Internet connection was not good and so he went down to the foyer and watched until half time. He came back up to the room and was not happy as Port were only 1 goal in front. He went back down to watch the remainder of the game but came back 10 min before the end and said he couldn't watch anymore, they were playing poorly. Relief came when he checked his phone shortly after the game, they had just won. We went to a sports bar for dinner and I had a burger while Kevin had pasta. Cost VND$210k or $13. On the way back Kevin decided he wanted an ice cream so he wondered off and I went back to the Hotel. When Kevin came back he said he found the shake Sinh To place we went to last time and had a banana and passion fruit shake which was Devine in Kevin's words. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.