Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 83 – 22nd July 2015 Wednesday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 23 July 2015 | Views [398]

Kevin was off riding just after 5am. He recorded his best time up what he calls Willunga Hill at 14min 47sec.. When he first did it he recorded 18min 36sec. He is feeling much stronger and is enjoying the bike riding. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get into it on our return to Adelaide. The only barrier will be the cost. Kevin asked about laundry cost and was told VND$25k/kg which isn't too bad and so he will finally wash some of his gear ready to pack. I  asked Danny about iPeace Hotel and he gave me the address, 175/8 Pham Ngu Lao Street which is one of the Hems up from where we normally stay and where the other Beautiful Saigons are located. I decided to send an email to check their rate and availability while Kevin went to LBH. We finally asked the lad who has served us the last week what his name is, Dien. We now know 2 lads, Dien and Core. Dien then bought us an iced tea after Kevin tipped him VND$20k. We have moved further up in the world. I told Michael I couldn't find the Big White Buddha and he then tried to find it on maps and google maps for me. In the end I think it is too hard so won't be going on the scooter today. We arranged dinner on Friday with Michael and Phuong at Olivia’s, an Italian Restaurant. Kevin headed back and soon sent a text to say the power was off due to a fire on the Booze Cruise corner. I stayed another half hour and even when I got back the power was still off. I decided to go for a massage so rode the bike. This time I had a blind chap and it was stronger and he did a really good job of getting a few drinks out of my middle back. While I was there the police kept coming into the room and jabbering away. When I had finished there was 8 of them downstairs. Not sure what was going on. A shakedown for money or they all wanted a massage. I rode off after paying my VND$80k + $20k tip, total A$6. Will have to try and squeeze another one in before I leave. I then rode down to AgriBank to check the exchange rates. The A$ has dropped below VND$16k. I then kept going to The Sheraton Hotel on the foreshore where I sat in their foyer in the cool and read my book for a couple of hours. When I got back Kevin was on the phone to Tom, his son. Kevin had spent a lazy afternoon and had riden to Nha Trang Centre to his favourite bakery where he had a pastry and coffee. No wonder he didn't eat any dinner. Kevin informed me that Series 2 of House of Cards had no sound and what was I going to do about it! Of course I went downstairs to use the computer and started a fresh download for him. I came back up and told him it should be ready after dinner. We headed out for dinner to Same Same but Cheaper and Kevin ordered noodles with vegetables which was so hot due to the child, he couldn't eat it. I ordered beef and vegetables and it was nice and crisp. We wondered around the block back to the Hotel where Kevin had a shake in lieu of dinner. I went and retrieved his precious program and he was happy. We got a message from Monika and JA that they were flying out of HCMC on the 28th which is the same day as our departure but we miss each other by 1 hour. I did some washing and even bought it in dry half an hour later. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.