Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 82 – 21st July 2015 Tuesday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 July 2015 | Views [363]

Kevin decided not to ride today as he is feeling very fatigued and so I got up and went walking at 6ish. When I got back I was looking for my Adidas daypack and couldn't find it anywhere. I went down to Danny and asked if the staff had found it when we moved rooms after our first day. He would check with the staff for me. When Kevin came back from breakfast I got him to get my suitcase down and bugga me, my daypack was hidden in there. I had already looked in there while standing on the chair but hadn't seen it. I sent Kevin down to tell Danny we had found it. Much relief as it had our suitcase keys and other important stuff in it. We headed to LBH and today is a clearer day, sun shining and a top of 38c expected, this means 44C  with the humidity. Certainly feels warmer. We asked Michael about Hotel recommendations in HCMC and he said to try iPeace Hotel but didn't know the address. He said Danny also stays here each month when he goes to HCMC. We will ask Danny the address. We also asked Michael if he wanted to go for dinner with us before we left as a thank you for loaning us his scooter. He will check with Phoung and let us know. After lunch I headed out Thai Nguyen / 23-10 Street to the Big C where I stopped and had a wonder around. It is a big shopping centre with a food court and specialty shops. I headed for the grocery / department store and bought a variety of things from power adapter to bras and food supplies. I also had a look over at Michaels apartment block. There four towers with seven floors. It is convenient to Big C and is new. From here I rode out past Metro and kept going for another 5km until I really didn't know where I was. I was looking for the Big Buddha statue but didn't find it. Bugga. I was on the road to HCMC and was in the countryside when I turned around and came back. Kevin had just returned from a ride when I got back. He had to organise another few days rent on his bike. He has extended until Friday.  We went to Omar Indian Restaurant for dinner and ordered Butter Chicken and Chicken Korma. Kevin's Korma was nice whereas my Butter Chicken didn't have any white meat at all and I even think the bum hole was in it. It put me off my meal totally. Cost VND $286k. We wondered back along Hung Voung St. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.