Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 80 – 19th July 2015 Sunday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 20 July 2015 | Views [319]

Kevin was off riding at 5.15 and I went off walking an hour later. I went to the bridge and then back to Xom Moi Market to get bananas and a face mask before stopping at a soup place for breakfast. I ordered a bowl of Bun Ca not realising it was fish soup. It tasted ok and had a tuna like fish in it. Cost VND$25k. Kevin did his best times all all 5 segments of his ride and was very pleased with himself. Same routine again today. I headed to LBH while Kevin had breakfast. We arranged with Michael to loan his scooter from tomorrow. Brian had his wife with him today. She would be in her 20’s and is very attractive. I headed off at 1pm as I needed to get ready for the Hash House Harriers walk. Kevin had decided not to listen or watch the Showdown as he didn't want to know the result until the game was finished. He stayed at the pool and relaxed. I bought a bum bag from the Hash that fits a drink bottle for VND$150k. Today's Hash is total country and we headed out toward the airport and then turned right to the base of the mountains that surround Nha Trang. The walk was through various fish farms. After the break the weather turned and we had an absolute downpour that lasted a good 20 minutes of torrential rain. It then eased to a steady drizzle for the remainder of the walk. Consequently we all went off track just trying to get back to the bus in one piece. The track became very water logged and slippery with mud. One girl trod on a 2” nail in the heel of her foot. Another young guy did his back in and couldn't move so he had to lay in the back of the bus. I don't think I need to say that everyone was absolutely drenched and sopping wet. The drinks at the finishing place were very short and the Hash circle briefer with only a few made to sit on the bag of ice. We all climbed back on the bus and headed back to town. We got back shortly after 6pm and I stopped for a sandwich for dinner and then hit the Hotel for a hot shower and a change of clothes. Kevin had gone to Cheers Bar to watch the Test Cricket and to have a roast chicken dinner that they are known for. Well the roast was magnificent and included roast vegetables and Yorkshire Pudding. For the first time I have known Kevin he refused sweets – apple pie and cream as he was just too full. He made friends with a few more people and chatted while watching Australia win the Second Test. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.