Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 76 – 15th July 2015 Wednesday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 16 July 2015 | Views [360]

Happy Birthday to Kevin's son Sam Lewis. We hope he has a great day. Kevin was off on his ride again this morning by 5.20 and when he came back he was complaining bitterly of his sore arse.  There is nothing I can do about that, he just needs to toughen up. While Kevin was having breakfast I headed to LBH and was surprised to find the lounges are back by the pool. I am so relieved. Kevin took time out to have his usual sweet for morning tea, apple tart and ice cream. Brian sought him out and they had a good discussion on living in Vietnam. Brian lives on £10k pa and this supports his wife and her family. Brian also loaned Kevin a soft seat for his bike. After lunch I left Kevin watching House of Cards and rode to the Bank And electronics Street. I decided to look at opening a bank account so went into Vietcombank and found I needed my passport. So I rode back to the Motel grabbed my passport from Nguyen and rode back in time to open an account. In Vietnam you are not able to deposit money into the account unless you can prove where the money comes from. I was able to open the account with VND$100k only. It will take 7-10 days for the ATM card to be ready. It means I can now transfer money to this account in Australia and then use the ATM card to withdraw funds while in Vietnam. Well by the time I had finished I was dripping wet and have risen 11 km and was just glad to get back to the Motel. I quickly poured a G&T and layer down in the cool. Later it started to rain quite heavily and the water pooled quickly on the roads. By dinner time it had stopped so we walked to Galangal Restaurant where I ordered anemone Nem Lui, BBQ pork skewers served with rice paper, sauce and salad. Kevin went with Bun bo xau, rice noodles combined with slices of stir fried beef, lemongrass, peanuts and herbs. Both dishes were from the Street Food menu. Kevin finished with Banana and Coconut cake. Well of course it is now raining so we have to walk back in the rain. Our feet are filthy dirty from all the splashes and puddles we had to walk through. A quick wash in the bath soon fixed that. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.