Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 75 – 14th July 2015 Tuesday – Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 15 July 2015 | Views [359]

Kevin was off riding again at 5.15. I watched the end of the movie, Spy that I  had started watching last night. I then had breakfast and decided to cut my hair one last time. I went down and got the broom and pan and got to it. I got a message from Aaron who has just got to Sydney from his USA honeymoon. We chatted for a while and I send another few messages to Sandy & Wiert who again have not been able to fly to Bali because of the volcano ash. I headed to LBH and secured our spot on the beach. I bloody wish this Festival would finish so we can move back to the pool area. I hate sand. I rang Sandy & Wiert on Viber and chatted for a while. It is bloody cold in Adelaide by the sounds of it. Well today is 34C and feels like 38C with the humidity factor. A lovely breeze is again coming off the ocean. By 10am the breeze has turned too warm. I went for a walk to the pineapple in the square to see how far it is. Return trip 2.2km.  Tri’s Vietnamese family have again established themselves next to us. We headed off for lunch and went to Salut Restaurant. I ordered club sandwich and Kevin a Ham and cheese sandwich. The service was appallingly slow. There were only two other tables and our meal took 45 min to arrive and it was cold when it finally came. The meal was missing the fries and the girl  said the fries were coming. 20 min later we again asked where were the fries. Finally they came and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Please if you come here do not eat at  this Restaurant.  After lunch Kevin took his bike back to the rental agency as he isn't happy with the gears. They told him they were fine and that he needed to be firmer when changing gears. Brian the Scot has promised to bring a softer seat for him tomorrow no this should help Kevin's sore arse. I lazed around playing scrabble and checking Facebook (Monika spend the day cooking with Luke Nguyen in HCMC) until dinner time and it was back to Good Morning Vietnam. Kevin wanted lasagna. However once he saw the price he decided against it and ordered the vegetarian pizza. I ordered a salad with tuna and olives. We both enjoyed the meal. We then walked to Galangal a sister Restaurant that has traditional Vietnamese & Street Food. We looked at the menu and decided we will try it tomorrow night. On the way back Kevin stopped to get an ice cream but he refused to pay the exorbitant prices asked at the A Mart stores which is over VND$40k. He ended up at a street vendor and only paid VND$14k. Kevin is now watching his money carefully.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.