Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 70 – 9th July 2015 Thursday – Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 10 July 2015 | Views [348]

Kevin was up and off bike riding by 5.10am. It is a bit drizzly this morning and so he decided to only go a short distance 25.6km return trip in 1 hour 23 min. When he got back his whole back was dirty from the bike not having mud guards. After breakfast I headed to Louisiane BrewHouse while Kevin took his bike back to get it cleaned at the rental companies request and to get the bell fixed. He ended up getting a different bike which he says is much better than the first bike. He then went to AgriBank to change some money. The currency has dropped to under VND$16k due to the Chinese market and Grexit problems. At the BrewHouse they started to set up some staging for a function tonight as part of the upcoming Sea Festival which starts on Friday night through to Tuesday. It is expected that an additional 150k people will converge on NT. Well the stage building has disrupted the tranquility of LBH and it has upset Brian, Marinella and Michael as their regular position was not available. I have discovered scrabble on the iPad, thanks Jean-Ann for introducing me to the game, and I spent all morning playing. Must say the battery on both the iPad and phone ran down quickly. It is an overcast day with the temperature 35c but the humidity is 79%. We headed back at lunch time and then we decided to ride to The Co-Op Mart where Kevin ended up the other day. We took the simplest route (probably longer) which took us past a bike shop and I stopped to buy a bell as the bike I have doesn't have one. In VN it is so important to have a functioning bell as you use it all the time to say “I am coming, look out”. The guys in the store front didn't speak much English but he found a secondhand bell and gave it to me as a souvenir. We kept on  to the Co-Op and wondered around. Kevin got enticed to the massage machine shop to get a massage on his weary legs and buttocks. Kevin also bought another sports singlet. That must be 6 he has bought now. We headed back along a different route which was shorter. Kevin only had 30 min before he headed off to watch the start of the 2nd day Test Match. He again ended up at Booze Cruise. I was to meet him at 7pm for the tea break but it was raining so I rang and told him I wasn't coming out in the rain. Kevin then went back to Good Morning Vietnam for another pizza. Kevin didn't last to the end of the session as he said there was no one interesting to talk to at the bar so he came home early. I had stayed in and continued to play scrabble. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.